Monday, October 19, 2009

Assessment

Does anybody know when exactly all of our outstanding/in progress assessment is due? Or what it is exactly? The online course profile doesn't seem to match with the notes I've taken down. Here's what me may (or may not) have left, not counting the exam and attendance next week:

  • Report : According to the course profile, due on the 5th of November 2009
  • Weblog : When do posts cease to 'count'? Next Tuesday, SwotVac, when the report is due or when the exam is held (for revision posts)? Anything after that is probably just for old time's sake..
  • Peer evaluation : Will we be doing this next week during our usual meeting?


To me, it seems like some of the fine chronological detail have been lost in the background noise towards back end of semester (though this could be bias from looking at the video on this site while trying to get slides today), or my note-taking during the first couple of weeks wasn't so good. Can anybody confirm any deadlines for me please?

Edit: cut mention of canned assessment item

5 comments:

  1. As far as I knew - that was still the date for the report. I don't think we've discussed when our posts on the blog stop counting, but I would assume that we're not going to be posting much content after next week anyway since after that point we've finished with all the course content.

    Don't know about the Peer evaluation.

    We also need to set a date for the exam - Ross wanted to set one that we were all happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen.

    I thought there was a date on the exam timetable, but as my other school-based exam will be held on a completely different day to what that timetable says I should have expected that. Should we put something up now, or wait until next Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed Ross about the exam and asked about the date, and he asked for a date not to be scheduled for the exam - and since it's a school based exam I think we have the freedom to change it around. If we're going to set a date, I think the best way to do it is to discuss it while we're all there next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all the above.
    I suggest you all agree on all the details/dates next tuesday and then post the conclusions on the blog.

    ReplyDelete