Monday, October 12, 2009

The Baffling Bayesian Brain

Hey I'm not sure if you guys covered this topic when you did mathematical biology, but Idid a section on how the brain is thought function according to Bayesian theory. If you havn't heard of Bayesian theory before don't stress its pretty easy and I'll do my best to summarise it tomorrow.

My neural networks reading for this week (which is a little bit of a tangent but I find it really cool so that justifies it in my mind :P) is an experimental paper I first saw in mathematical biology, which suggests that the brain may function on basic Bayesian theory.
The paper is: Bayesian integration in sensorimotor learning - Nature 427, 244-247 doi:10.1038/nature02169;

See you all tomorrow.

P.S I think my med interview went really well but its hard to know for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I never did mathematical biology, so a lot you learnt in that subject is probably new to me!

    Also - glad you hear your med interview went ok. I guess now it's just a matter of waiting and see what they were looking for.

    ReplyDelete