Monday, October 26, 2009

The rules of disorder or why disorder rules

Hi everyone,

Apologies for not posting this sooner. The paper I have chosen for this week is called "The rules of disorder or why disorder rules". It focuses on a group of proteins found in eukaryotic cells that don't have a unique three-dimensional structure, but are still functional. These proteins adopt different folds when they interact with different partners - so in essence, their function defines the structure of the protein.

I'd never heard of these kind of proteins before, so was interested to learn something more. The paper itself doesn't focus on just one protein, but gives a few different examples.

See you all at the session!

(Also - at Tomas, who I'm assuming has done up the poll that has appeared - I can't possibly answer a question that asks two questions in one with only one poll option! Have two polls for two questions :P )

5 comments:

  1. Regarding Tomas' journalist-style question: What happens if you insert a "thus" after the "and" between the two questions?
    I think this may be what was meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict it will be fun discussion that paper today.

    On the topic of the poll: you can only credit/blame me for being the first to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh. If there was a "thus" that makes so much more sense to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bigger problem with the poll is that it is a 'who' question, but the responses suggest it is a yes/no question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think Michael deserves bonus marks for nobody mentioning "inorder" until the sixth critique of the poll.

    ReplyDelete